- Isolate when sick. Even if you only have mild symptoms isolate from your family so you don’t get them sick. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Avoid spending time in close proximity to your family, for example avoid watching movies together on the couch.
- Stay and sleep in a separate bedroom; and if possible, use a separate bathroom.
- Make sure to disinfect any surface you touch, including doorknobs, handles, taps, railings, and countertops.
- If you need to go near your family for a minute or two, wear a mask and keep your hands clean.
- It is also important to eat in a separate location and to not share food/utensils with anyone in your household; if possible, have someone in your family leave meals outside your bedroom door.
- Carpool safely. We are seeing an increased risk of COVID-19 exposure with co-workers who carpool. Here are some tips to make carpooling safer:
- Everyone should wear a mask and sit as far away from other passengers as possible.
- Wash your hands before you leave the house and work and if you can’t, sanitizing them before you enter and leave the vehicle.
- Sanitize commonly touched vehicle surfaces, such as door handles, seatbelt buckles, steering wheel, and dashboards daily.
Additional information: State of Local Emergency
The City of Calgary declared a State of Local Emergency. The intent is not that any additional restrictions will be implemented from a municipal perspective. This declaration will allow CEMA to increase its situational awareness, stakeholder engagement, pandemic supply management and communications.
Find out more about Government of Alberta updated details on new restrictions here.