This June 21, 2021 marks the 25th anniversary of National Indigenous Peoples Day.
Here are some virtual events to learn more about the rich and diverse cultures, voices, experiences and histories of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples.
- APTN Indigenous Day Live, Sunday, June 20 at 6 p.m. (encore on June 21)
- Aboriginal Awareness Week Opening Ceremonies, Monday, June 21 at 12 p.m.
- UCalgary Campfire Chats, Monday, June 21 at 1:30 p.m.
- Exploring Historical Indigenous Sites in Calgary, Monday, June 21 at 6 p.m.
- Aboriginal Awareness Week Calgary Family Day, Saturday, June 26 at 12 p.m.
- This month, the Calgary Public Library is hosting multiple events honouring National Indigenous History Month.