What is it?
The Rosscarrock Community Fridge, located by the community hall, is a shared space that provides 24/7 access to free, fresh, and nutritious food for anyone who may need it without judgement. It’s also a community hub creating connections between neighbours, friends, and complete strangers. The fridge is a partnership between the Rosscarrock Community Association and a mutual aid group called The Hatch.
How can I get involved?
- Sign up to volunteer to help keep the fridge safe and clean
- Support the fridge’s GoFundMe
- Donate food and other essential items
- Join The Hatch’s newsletter to stay informed and following them on Instagram @thehatchyyc
- Connect with The Hatch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To celebrate the fridge opening, The Hatch is hosting a food drive on Sunday, Nov. 21, from 1-5 p.m. at the Rosscarrock Community Centre.
Big thanks to
- Volunteer tradespeople Mike, Jason, Mik, Peter and Brian
- Local artist Shalagh Quinn
- Calgary Community Fridge (Crescent Heights)
- City Planning Services, Calgary Neighbourhoods Department, Ward 8 office, CSW, WCEF and ING grant committees