Each year the City of Calgary Waste & Recycling Services and Community Standards partner up with community associations to help residents get rid of unwanted household items and property waste. Save a trip to the landfill for items that do not fit in your waste and recycling cart by joining us at our FREE community cleanup!
Saturday, May 14, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Rosscarrock Community Hall (4411 10 Ave SW).
- garbage that doesn’t fit in your cart
- general yard waste that can be composted, i.e. brush, grass, leaves, branches, tree trimmings
- metal recycling
- electronic recycling
- reusable household items for our give and take area (for others to take and use)
We do NOT accept
- car batteries
- glass (e.g. window panes, glass table tops)
- household appliances with freon (e.g. refrigerators, freezers)
- liquids (e.g. cooking oils)
- railway ties
- sod or dirt
- household hazardous waste including propane tanks, paint, and automobile, cleaning, healthcare, and gardening chemical
Please note that participants will be required to follow all active provincial and local public health measures during Community Clean-up events. For more information visit alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx and calgary.ca/covid19
We are looking for volunteers to make this event a success. Lunch will be provided! Come out and support your community and meet some new neighbours. Tasks include help guide traffic, answer questions and monitor the site so items are disposed of properly. You can also volunteer your truck to help pick up items from residents who are unable to bring them to the community hall.
Call 403.242.0212 or 403.554.7454, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer.