Come and garden with us!
The Rosscarrock Community Association has 24 garden beds for rental for community members.
Please note: a current Rosscarrock Community Association membership is required. Learn more about our memberships here.
There are three simple steps to get a garden bed.
May 1, 2020: Garden opens
June 15, 2020: Deadline to plant in your bed
Policies regarding community gardens during the COVID-19 pandemic may change over time. Please be patient and stay posted as we navigate new ground together.
The guidance we are receiving right now from our City Neighbourhood Partnership Coordinator is to develop risk mitigation strategies. Spending time outdoors is good for our health, but social responsibility is essential for everyone’s safety. Listed below are risk mitigation strategies for 2020 garden season:
- If you are sick with a fever or cough, you must not attend (even if symptoms appear to be mild or resemble a cold)
- DISTANCE yourself at least two meters (six feet) away from other people
- AVOID an area if it looks busy, come back later or wait
- BRING YOUR OWN GARDENING GLOVES and WEAR them when you touch surfaces like water taps and watering cans
- WASH GLOVES
- WASH YOUR HANDS with soap and water once you get home
- The TOOLSHED is closed
- BRING YOUR OWN SMALL GARDENING TOOLS
- SHOVELS will be stored underneath the benches so that you can turn the soil (until June 15)
- The planting deadline of June 15 still applies
If you don’t feel comfortable and/or if you have health concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31 for a refund.